Monday, October 20, 2008

Awesome Find

While out for my walk Saturday afternoon, I found a piano that someone had put out on the curb. I made Marlow go up and ask the people if we could take it, and they said "sure". We went straight home and got the truck, and Mark and headed back. There was a pick up by the piano, and I thought oh man, we lost out. I then noticed that the truck was full, and only one person!

It was no easy task getting it in the truck, but we did it. Kyle's wife Jennifer had mentioned recently that she wished she had a piano. She has a keyboard, but it just isn't the same as a piano. The piano looks to be in good shape for a freebie. All the keys have the ivorys, and there is only one string that is broken. Marlow found a great web site that he thinks will be helpful in fixing it up.

I told Jennifer at church what we had found, and I thought she was going to jump for joy. We bribed all the kids to lunch so we had a lot of people to help get it off the truck. Marlow tore it apart this morning, I have never seen a piano dismantled like this, it is really neat. He has started cleaning it up, and it already is coming back to life. Did I mention that it is a Baldwin?

3 comments:

Darcee said...

Wow that is a find! Free? You're not in Utah! Hopefully you can get it fixed up.

Kendi said...

Congratulations! What a rare free find! I hope it can be brought to working order.

Unknown said...

How amazing is that?! Michael Ballam says musical instruments are among the few earthly things that go up in value.