Thursday, January 14, 2010

okay, so I'm a dinosaur!!!

Well, I was trying to learn how to put pictures on my blog, which I did, but I put the pictures on first and was then going to add text.... yay, didn't happen, so here is the text.

For the last five years our stake has hosted a Christmas festival for our community. Our stake choir prepares a 30 minute concert which they perform several times an evening for three nights. In the cultural hall we display quilts and nativity sets. They also have a live nativity set up in the back rooms in the church. It is very nice, and well attended. The first four pictures are quilts that I have displayed in the festival.

I didn't have any new quilts this year, so I got to thinking that I would like to put together some for next year. I started looking for some unique patterns that I would like to do.

The first one I am working on is this wreath pattern. I thought it was very stunning, and it has been fun to work on. I have one more row of blocks that I am currently cutting out that are white, and red that will frame the wreath. The finished quilt will be 56 x 56.

I also found a pattern that looks like stained glass for a nativity. I have started that, and will post something tomorrow on that. I would also like to do one which I will call star of wonder (wonder what I was thinking when I decided to do all these) I should be finishing up projects, not starting more new ones.

Thanks Lori for giving me the nudge to learn how to post pictures, you might have created a monster.

No comments: