Saturday, April 4, 2009

Fantastic Friday

On Friday i met up with Janice at the IF distribution center, and she helped me choose a new temple dress.


Marlow and I were called the end of February as ordinance workers in the Birmingham Temple, so I bought a new dress, and leather shoes. I bought Marlow a white suit, and tried to find the size and style of shoe that he wanted.
We were able to visit with Katie before her benefit. I am still amazed at the planning that went into her benefit. I am amazed at the number of items they had. And how each thing was so well planned. The raffle, silent auction, and live auction. They kept it flowing throughout the evening. It was so fun to be there, and touching to know that so many people came out to support Katie, and her family. It was fun to participate, and win some of the raffles, and silent auctions. The highlight of my trip was having some time to visit with you Katie. I so admire your attitude and strength. I loved reading to Mary and Drew, and I'm glad that Drew likes books about Pirates. Much better than books about Indians!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Katie and Dennis said...

It was wonderful to have you at the benefit! Thanks for spending money! Wow! We are still overwhelmed by all the love and support that was shown to us.

My kids loved the books you read to them. I don't know if we even own an Indian book. But my blood has had to turn purpilish to accomadate where we live now! Thanks for helping get the paint stains out of my kids clothes! Don't know how I would have survived that day without you!
Love ya!