Sunday, April 5, 2009

This is why I love the South

I love spring time when the plants start popping out of the ground. A few years ago I became fascinated with hostas, so I have them all over. They do especially well in the shade
Joan gave me a flat of pansies last fall for my birthday. They didn't especially thrive, but are looking gorgeous now, I guess they liked being drowned, and the warmer weather.
I love my Japenese maple, it adds color on the front side of our flowers.
I got Mr Stumpy last fall for my birthday, and the tulip is keeping him entertained this spring.

I just had to buy this clematis when I saw it's name. Nellie Moser, isn't that appropriate. I have it climbing my mailbox. I have really had to baby it, it isn't really in the best place for this type of plant, but I am trying to teach it to bloom where you are planted!
We were hoping that the dogwoods would bloom while mom was here. They are in full bloom now. Dogwoods grow very slow, which is just fine for where we planted it. Thanks for visiting my garden.


4 comments:

Janice said...

Your yard is beautiful! Thanks for sharing all of your pictures. Your visit was too short - but I'm glad you were able to come. Now you know how to add pictures to your blog, you can keep us up to date with you and yours!
Love, Janice

Kaye said...

I'm so proud of myself for FINALLY learning how.

You can teach an OLD dog new tricks

Kendi said...

Wow! Your yard is so beautiful! I love the variety. I am trying to turn our little piece of brown desert into a little patch of heaven...oh the work it takes! BUT it sure is worth it when the flowers start to bloom!

P.S. I love your tree stump! I might have to copy that someday!!!

Angela said...

I love it all, WOW! I love plants, but can't say that I have the green thumb YET. Do me a favor and email me and then I'll invite you to my private blog! angelabtom@gmail.com Good to see everything's going great!