Saturday, April 4, 2009

I should say it was a super Saturday... I enjoyed staying with Bryce and Amy, and seeing their kids. By time Saturday came along, my late nights, and less sleep than I am used to caught up to me. I left Blackfoot late morning, and was grateful for clear roads. About the time I hit Malad, I thought I'd stop for a bathroom break, and a drink. I was going to stop in Tremonton, but the convenience store was so close to the freeway in Malad I thought it would save me time. WRONG....I didn't realize going into the store why there were two very LONG lines. My first thought that everyone else needed a break. It wasn't til I'd been in line about five minutes that I unstood....LOTTERY!!!! My quick stop turned into a 15 minute wait in line.


About North Ogden, I was wishing I could just crawl into a hole and sleep. I was a little worried that the heaviest traffic was still ahead of me. I still needed to find Marlow's shoes, so I called Nancy for directions. She offered to come and get me. Instead of going to the distribution center, I drove to Nancy's, and she taxied me around SLC. I love my sisters.

I finally found the size shoe Marlow needed in SL. Then we went to this awesome restarant. Casa Rio (is that right?) It was so good, I hope they are an expanding National chain.


It was fun to visit with Alison, and play with her darling son Mason D. Vaughn and Drew were in Jerome, so I didn't get to see them til Sunday evening. I can't believe what a fast trip this was, but I'm grateful I was able to accomplish the things I needed to get done.

2 comments:

Darcee said...

I had picked Cafe Rio to eat at for our little gathering, but Tom talked me into something more conducive to a group. But I love Cafe Rio. . .in fact I am making their Pork Barbacoa Salad for dinner tomorrow.. . .I've got the pork in the crock pot and the tomatillo dressing made. Hopefully it's yummy!

Kaye said...

share your recipe, I had the pork burrito, it was real tastey.