Saturday, April 4, 2009

Shop til you drop

My main objective Thursday was to get Mark's missionary stuff bought. I had no idea how long this would take, so I was a little nervous that it would all come together in one afternoon.

He was finished with class and we met up a little after 12:30. I had been left alone in the BYU-I bookstore for about an hour. That is a BAD BAD thing. I must say, I did okay, just not great.

I am sad to say that I was so focused on getting the list checked off that the camera didn't even come out of my purse. So you'll just have to be satisfied with my commentary.

We headed off to IF, I had asked my sister in laws where they recommended to shop for missionaries. Ferrell's is an awesome store. I was a little surprised when I first walked in, wasn't quite what I'd expected, but they took really good care of us.


Unless you have bought missionary apparel away from Utah/Idaho, you will not appreciate how nice it is to have a clerk that knows what a missionary needs. I remember getting Josh ready. We bought his suits at Men's Wearhouse, and we thought that since we were acquainted with Dan the clerk, he would have a small idea about what we needed. WRONG. We explained we needed conservative suits ie. dark, plain. He'd hold up a plaid sport coat and say this is a conservative sport jacket. NO. I guess to someone who wears kilts, a plaid sport coat is conservative!!!!

Any who, we got him taken care of, I didn't pass out when they told me the amount (I guess since Mark is the third, it's old hat to drop that much) The other really neat thing there is their CTR clothing line. It is designed for missionaries, stretch in the arm pits of the suit coats to have more give if they are riding bikes. The pants have a crotch lining to give more wear to the pant. I learned about those a few years ago when we were buying a suit for Marlow. It costs about $32.00 to add that to pants, and we did that to ALL of Josh's mission pants. So to have pants with that already in them was awesome. I apologize for the long tutorial, it was just so nice to have someone help us that knew what we were after. It didn't take too long to get the list clicked off.
Then we headed to Grandma Moser's for dinner. It was awfully cold out, so it was nice to get to their nice warm home. I wish it wasn't such a quick trip so I could have visited with everyone. I'll have to save that for our trip in August.


No comments: