Saturday, June 19, 2010

Drum Roll Please

We have accepted the job offer we received from Infotech in Isabella Puerto Rico. Marlow will begin work the end of August. We are both excited and terrified at the prospect of relocating. We have a LOT to do between now and the end of August.

We will be putting our home up for sale, and downsizing. I plan on selling a lot of our furniture, and giving some to our kids. We will rent a furnished apartment the first year, so don't really need to move that much down.

I am trying to gain a great positive attitude, and not become totally overwhelmed by all that needs to be done. I know that with God's help we will accomplish more than we think possible. I remember when we were getting ready to move from Pennsylvania. Our home was literally over 100 years old. We had worked on it while living there for 5 1/2 years, but much remained to do. I remember wondering who would ever want to buy a house like this. We met with the real estate lady, signed all the papers, but arranged not to start showing the house for a week or so. I had just moved my sewing school back home, and the whole house was in a state of upheaval. Well, Ella (the real estate lady) showed up at our door the next day!!! Someone came in to look at houses, and she felt ours would be a good fit. Truly a blessing. I am counting on many miracles.

1 comment:

Kendi said...

WOW! I am so excited for you. If you need someone to talk to who is going through something very similar, you can call me anytime. Even after the move, you can call me...that might be the time you need it more. Your life will be a whirlwind for a time as you work like crazy to get ready to go but you will be able to get it all done. The Lord has a plan and He is totally in control. Keep us posted and my prayers will be with you! My number is 701-663-8062.