Saturday, September 13, 2008

Crazy gas prices

I don't know what gas prices are doing where you live, but it was CRAZY here yesterday. Yesterday morning gas was $3.46 in the morning, and by afternoon there were some stations charging $5.35!!!!! On my way to work I thought about filling up, but I had about 50 miles left before I HAD to fill up, so I thought, I'll do it tomorrow. WELL, that was a bad decision. After waiting in line for about 10 minutes, I paid $3.73. Not as bad as across the street $4.19. Some places had a 10 galloon limit, but Sam's let you pump as much as you needed, or could afford to get. Many stations in our area ran out of gas, and have no idea when they will get their next shipment. They are saying that there could be a disruption in gas supply because of Ike. It shows you how volitale our normal life can be.

I'm glad that I generally go 2-3 weeks between fill-ups. I have really stream lined the trips I take. I try to get my shopping done on my way to work, or on the way home to cut miles.

4 comments:

Katie and Dennis said...

That is totally scary!

I'm so glad to see you have a blog! I will get your link up on mine!

Nancy said...

Our gas is finally going down. It was $3.56 on Saturday. I try to get a fillup to last two weeks. With my little car that is 150 miles a week. Unless someone borrows my car to go to the BYU football game, that really throws off my system and adds 100 miles right off the top.

Malita Bingham said...

I told my mom about the gas prices and she didn't believe me! It is so crazy. I only fill up my car once a month (I only drive my car about once a week because i ride my bike to school). I always fill up at quarter take to make it feel like I am not spending so much!
love,
malita

Darcee said...

Insane! The only answer I have to that is faith, not fear. I think life has got to get crazy in order to prepare us--not that I welcome it though!!