Sunday, September 7, 2008

loving this....

Ooohhh, I'm excited that someone has actually visited my blog. As I thought about what I wanted to accomplish with this blog, it is to let my relatives know about my life. I realize that most of you will never have the opportunity to visit me here in Alabama. I also realize that most of you do not know my kids very well. As I have read your blogs, I have had such joy getting to know you, and see what you do in your lives.

So, I want to show you what my life is like. I want to introduce my city to you. It is such an awesome place to live, and if you ever get the hankering to come and visit, it's a great destination. I also want to let you know what is happening in my kids lives.

Jennie has expressed an interest in starting a blog. I know she'd love it, but right now she's got her plate pretty full. She and her husband Jon live not too far from us. She works in the photo lab at Sam's Club, but is preparing for an art show at a local festival up on Monte Sano. You westerners would call Monte Sano a bump, but in the south it's our mountain. Jennie loves to paint, and is working to get established in the local art community. Her husband Jon is developing a web site for her art work, so I'll let you know when he gets that up so you can check out her stuff.

Kyle and his wife Jennifer are both going to school at UAH. That is NOT Utah, rather University of Alabama in Huntsville. Jennifer graduates in December in accounting, and Kyle is working toward a Political Science degree. They keep busy with work and school. We're grateful they are in the same ward as us so we can see them on Sunday.

Josh is serving his mission in the Chicago North Mission. He passed the year mark in June, so we are on the down hill side. He is loving his area in Byron. It's a rural area, and has given him a chance to experience the good life.

As I mentioned earlier, Mark is here at home between semesters. He called earlier today from Louisiana. It was about 1pm central time, and they were heading back to the staging area to wrap up the day. He said it was about a 10 hour drive back, so it will be pretty late before he pulls in. It sounds like he took pictures, and will be sending some back to Louisiana, and sending some to the Huntsville Times. I will post some here also. He said there was a lot of work. I know that in previous trips, they often feel overwhelmed at the amount of work there is. He said there is a lot more to be done. I'm glad he was able to help out.

I had fun playing with some pictures that Jennie sent me. I'll work on getting a family picture up. Well, this has turned into an epistle, but the house is quiet. (Marlow is at stake choir practice). TTFN

6 comments:

Marjorie said...

If Josh is ever around Chicago let me know and we'll see if we can have him over and feed him. That'd be fun!

Nancy said...

Look at you go girl with your blogging. Awesome picture, brings back fun memories! Alison must not think we work very hard at our jobs, if we just sit around chatting all day. I need to get you off my black list so your emails come through again. I wish that didn't keep happening! Have a good day, email me.
Love ya, Nancy

Kendi said...

Yeah!!! I am so excited to get to know my Aunt Kaye! Honestly I marvel at technology and how it can be such an instrument for good. I look at what it has done in my own life with helping me feel a reconnection to my extended family. Thank you for taking the time to do this!
Love ya,
Kendi
p.s. Was Uncle Marlow a bishop? Chris' cousin was in a singles ward and at our last reunion I think we discovered that he was her bishop. Let me know if this is true and I'll get you her name.

Malita Bingham said...

Yeah! I've always wished that I could come and see you. Maybe, when I get enough money saved up I can make a trip out one summer. Jennie should totally start a blog! I do have memories of when you guys have come to Idaho!
Love,
Malita

Kaye said...

Kendi,

Funny thing that you should mention Ruth. I was actually looking at your blog one day and saw her. I showed the picture and said "who does that look like" they also thought it was Ruth. I called Aunt Nancy.....I tried to leave a message for you on your blog, but couldn't figure the dag blum thing out...technology. Yah, she is in our ward, and Until May Marlow was our bishop. Small world.

Darcee said...

I agree that technology is wonderful at bringing us all together!! I know more about my cousins now that I can read blogs. I really love it. We just had regional conference and President Packer talked about how they run the church using technology. He said all of the interviews to determine mission, temple and many stake presidents are done through video conferences. Pretty amazing. Technology can do so much good!!