Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saturday Pickins


This is the produce we picked in our garden this morning. The beans are our second crop, the first crop was the middle of June. We get tired of gardening this time of year, but with the high price of food we are making a real effort to keep it going. Last week we planted cabbage, broccoli, and onions. They do good this time of year. I found a great way to use the jalepeno's. Not a recipe for those with sensitive pallets. Clean the jalepeno's, stuff with cream cheese and wrap in bacon.
I found the recipe on Pioneer Woman website. My family LOVES them. I tried them, as long as I get a mild pepper I like them, but no guarantee of that.

2 comments:

Darcee said...

Oh! I've been wanting to try that recipe, but never have gotten that many jalapenos. I suppose I'd be more like you and like them if the pepper was mild, but everyone else in my family would love them. I've given up on my garden, but still am trying to use the produce that is there. I'm not much of a canner so a lot is going to waste since we can't eat as much as is there.

Kendi said...

I wish I could garden!
Kendi