Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Jennie's Art Exhibit


Jennie at the art show


We had a blast last Saturday at the Monte Sano Art Show. Jennie had a spot selling her paintings. It was fun to hang out with her. She had a lot of traffic viewing her work, lots of great positive feedback, and she did GREAT in the selling part too. I think she sold 8 or 9 paintings, one for $600.00.
I was minding the store for a little while so she could take a break. I felt totally clueless when they'd ask me questions. Give me a piece of fabric, I can answer your questions, art/clueless. But, I am proud as can be about my daughter, and I did sell one of her pieces. The lady remarked that it was my salemanship that did it!

Jennie Manlove (formally Moser) and Jennifer Moser (formally Sedgewick)

It was an awesome festival, 150 artists/vendors. Great assortment of artisans. Painting, jewelry, some fiber arts. photography. I was especially drawn to this guy that uses a chain saw to carve faces in logs, and stumps. He had an AWESOME stump that I would have wanted without a face, but with the red cedar faces it is amazing, and it is sitting in my front garden as I write. There were also some great metal pieces. Next year, I'm going to get one of those for my garden.

The day started out drizzly and chilly. It was on the cool side all day, but the sun peeked out in the afternoon. For those that came to Jennie's wedding, the festival was in the park next to the lodge she was married at. Beautiful location, the leaves are on the verge of change, nice time of year.

Ed and Judy Manlove brought a wonderful lunch up for all of us. I am so grateful that my daughter has such great in-laws that love and support her. Jennie's location was really nice because it had a picnic table right behind her tent. So we had a great place to chill. Jon is working on a web site for Jennie's art work, I'll let you know when he gets it up.

3 comments:

Kendi said...

Sounds like lots of fun! I wish it would start cooling off here...it was 107 degrees this afternoon! Come on cool temperatures. I can't wait to see Jennie's artwork! Let us know ASAP when her page is ready to be viewed.
Love,
Kendi

Nancy said...

Tell Jennie congratulations on her awesome show. I can just picture the setting, wish I was there, especially this time of year. Lots of wonderful memories of Huntsville and the Mosers there. Love you guys!!!

Alison Hixson said...

Please tell Jennie congrats from me too! That is so great that she is getting her art out there and is having such great feedback! I want to bring Vaughn out to Alabama some time in the fall! It was so gorgeous there! I can't believe that it has almost been a year since I was there. I need to have my mom plan a trip that I can tag along on!