Saturday, September 6, 2008

Ramblings of a mother

I must admit that I had fun getting everyone put on my list. I have no idea how to let anyone know that I have a blog, I will probably do it the old fashioned way, with a telephone call.

It is quite around our house this week-end. Mark has been home from BYU-I for almost a month now. This week-end our stake is providing hurricane relief down in Baton Rouge. He grabbed a ride with another brother from our ward and will get back late Sunday evening. It has been a few years since they have gone down. I guess Katrina was the last big one to require help. With the price of gas, it adds a new element to the aid. But, we want to help out. It will be interesting to see how much the trip costs. There are three going down together, and they will split the cost of gas. I sent $100.00 for our share of the gas....will we owe more?

Mark was assigned to the winter/summer trac at BYU-I, so he came home to work between semesters. He applied at Sam's Club, and they sent him for drug testing two weeks ago, but he hasn't heard anything back, and is getting restless. We decided that we needed some divine intervention. Marlow told Mark that volunteering to help might help his employment effort. Mark left Friday at 3 pm to go to the gulf. Kyle called about 9 to say that one of the manager's at Sam's told him to let Mark know that he starts full time Monday night. When he applied he was told he'd be part time. What a blessing to get full time at a higher wage because it is third shift. Prayers are heard and answered.

4 comments:

Janice said...

Hi Kaye,
Nancy told me you had a blog. I'm glad you're doing it so we can keep track of you via a blog. Keep us posted on the latest! Congrats to Mark on getting a full time job at Sam's. That will be good for everyone concerned. Hope your men get home safely.

Malita Bingham said...

Hey Aunt Kaye! It is good to see that you are starting a blog. I love blogging and looking at blogs too!
Love,
Malita

Darcee said...

No one has to tell me you have a blog. . . I have my own ways of finding out :). Our Bingham list of bloggers is getting bigger!

Alison Hixson said...

Yea! I am excited to see you blogging! At least all your time now won't just be messaging back & forth with my mom all day! Jk!! Tell Jennie to get one for her! I would love to see what she is up to!